
haha the name of this picture was Jew Gold
Since I have way too much to do, I figured the best thing would be to distract myself with my old friend, the internet blog. Also I think I may start getting death threats unless I write a new post (ahem LT). This month's edition teaches us the lessons of being an idiot, brought to you by yours truly.
Stupid things I've done this month:
1. Eat shit. I went to the park off of 2222 and 360, and it was closed for renovation, or as the city likes to call it, "Improving Austin." But I had packed everyone up in the car and we were there, and we were going to enjoy the damn park. So we ducked around some fences and got crafty (she gets around, she’s crafty, she’s always down) to get over to the other side. We’re hiking and there’s one area where you have to crouch down under some rocks on a ledge to get over the creek. So the beau takes the beagle in his arms and successfully crouches and balances his way over. I figure if he can do it, no problem for me… I’m pretty sure you know where this is going. I duck walk across the ledge and think I’m done, so I come up, knock my head on a rock, lose my balance, and fall right into the creek. Doink. That stuff stinks so bad. I can still smell it. Luckily, he managed to capture some great photos where I look like a sad poodle covered in mud. I’m so graceful.
2. Lose favorite sunglasses, probably at the same time.
3. Make My Very First Budget. My dad laughed at it and said, “Clearly you have never made a budget before.” Yeah, how can you budget when you’re $150k in debt without any income? That’s like trying to subtract pi squared from infinity. There’s no point; it’s all imaginary money anyways. This is going to be an interesting transition into adulthood. Dammit.
Unstupid things I’ve done:
1. Get myself a hot new condo in downtown Austin. Somehow Austin turned all trendy and metropolitan since I have been away, but I’m wholly embracing it. I figure why not get the city life for this year, since I get to come back to San Antonio, Mexico for más tacos y menos diversión. So the aforementioned beau found this hot number on the 26th floor with all windows in the living room, overlooking the lake and downtown. And it’s got a little galley kitchen with granite countertops, and I’m pumped that I don’t need a cutting board for the counters. And I have a balcony that looks out to the capitol. It’s superfly and I’m living in it. You will all come visit me, because I’m only living in it for a year. Book your flights now, but don’t bring many clothes… there’s very little closet space.
You would think I’d be concerned about My Very First Hot New Condo and My Very First Budget, but since I’m living in denial, nope. No worries.
2. Minor detail, I just finished medical school. I'm done with classes for now, but I graduate officially on May 22. And my dad is putting my doctoral hood on when I walk across the stage. Doesn't that just warm your cold black heart?
Wow, I didn’t mention food at all. Hershey's bars. Mmm. Oh and listen to Patty Griffin's song "Little Fire" for the lyrics.
Update: Well the condo's gone. Real estate agents are supershady.
No comments:
Post a Comment